Join the Structure data group
Our group is responsible for one the most important parts in eBay platform. The group is accountable for many diverse and highly important processes in the product life cycle. To achieve our goals the group monitors different aspects of the catalog.
About the role
In this role we’d be happy to see you drive Data Driven Decisions by performing deep dive analysis with high end optimization processes. Provide scaled solutions and insights on various key metrics of the Structured data organization.
Your opportunities in this role
We think that it’s an incredible opportunity to meet face-to-face with one the largest and by far the most diverse public e-commerce platforms and its huge data. Learning about different frontiers of the domain, from sellers’ interest to buyers’ behavior, and understanding the business agenda that drives our all-complex mechanism.
To be successful in this role:
• BSc. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics or related fields.
• 2-4 years’ experience in a data analytic role.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – good English is required.
• You would have to strike a balance between strategic thinking and actual hands-on analyses using tools & packages such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau etc.
• You possess super strong technical skills to turn big data in Hadoop into actionable insights. At the same time, you also have the ability to see the big picture and connect the dots to evaluate how the insights impact eBay’s ecosystem.
• In addition to delivering insights on existing Product & Tech initiatives, you will come up with innovative product growth opportunities based on insights, and create momentum through influence.
• Proactive collaboration and effective communication are critical
Additionally, the following background and experience is preferred:
• You have experience in building econometric models and have in-depth understanding of demand and supply dynamics in a marketplace.
• Proven track record of turning insights into product growth opportunities in prior roles with increasing scope and responsibilities
• Ability to present complex analyses and insights effectively in simple terms
• Good experience with both descriptive and inferential statistics – ability to build basic prototype models
• Experience in a leading technology company
Background in ecommerce product experience