eBay doesn’t have BIG DATA. It has HUGE DATA!
With more than 100 million active users and hundreds of millions of active product listings, eBay is the world’s most dynamic online marketplace. If you are passionate about working with real, huge data of the largest inventory in the world, this role might be the best fit for you!
About the role
As a software engineer in the Acquisition team, you will participate and contribute technically
to major development of applications and components, used by internal customers and
deployed to offline/site facing production systems.
- Develop high quality Java applications that integrate with backend and frontend systems.
- Develop scalable Spark based batch and streaming pipelines to handle large volume of data.
- Partner with other Structure Data teams to clarify requirements, to decide architecture and agree on design solutions
- Work together with external data providers to understand the content they provide, structure of data and transformation needed to ingest this data to eBay systems
- Document your solutions and code
- Support production applications
What shall you bring to the table?
• 2-3 years’ experience in server-side development in Java
• Experience with java concurrency.
• Experience in micro-services environment and design.
• Experience with OOP design
• Experience with restful services.
• Experience with Spring framework.
• Experience with NoSQL and RDBMS.
• Experience with Kafka - advantage.
• Deep understanding of testing methodology
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science BSc.
• Team player that can work and support internal and external teams.
• Flexibility and passion to learn new domains.
• Experience with Apache Spark - advantage.
• Experience with complex high scale systems - advantage.
• Experience with K8s - advantage.
• Experience in React - advantage.